You betch-ya!

Our journey; including eating healthy and moving our bodies!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Journey Begins

I've never really tried....REALLY tried to lose weight before. There are times in the past when I thought I needed to lose weight, but looking back, I don't think I did. I'm thirty and I consider myself lucky that this is the first time I am REALLY trying to lose weight and the first time I have REALLY felt I needed to...it's time. I'm about 50 pounds over my comfortable weight and I don't like it. I'm uncomfortable. But, I know it's going to be hard.

Eating...we have to do it to live. We do it three plus times a day. It is going-to-be-hard.

Exercising....I love it when I'm doing it...but, getting myself to do it...is....hard. I need to tell myself that I don't have a choice...this is my job today....do it!

I think a key to weight loss is support. I have a lot of support from my family. In fact today, after a semi-stressful situation I really wanted to buy a candy bar. My husband said, "No." I was a little mad for a little while, but I realized that he did what I couldn't do for myself, at that moment. And now hours later I'm glad he did.

Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT want someone constantly telling me what I can and cannot eat, but the support helps. Especially when it is done lovingly and encouragingly.

I think another key to weight loss is accountability. I am going to be accountable to me and my husband and my cousin Amy. My husband because he's willing. My cousin Amy because we are doing this together. We can do it!

So to start us off, here is our plan.

Diet goals:
Amy: 1460 calories a day
Becky: 1500 calories a day (starting, I think it will change over time)
No soda
Limited fast food (try harder to make healthier choices)
Limited sugar

Exercise goals:
Mon/Wed/Fri = cardio
Tues/Thurs = strength training
Sat = cross training

These goals are modified from one of our favorite blogs....So Buttons. Specifically, from this post.

Amy if there is anything you want me to modify on the goals....email me and I'll change it right away!

The rest of you....join us for the journey!

7 comments:

  1. I'm a little dumb when it comes to this...I can't seem to figure out how to manage this blog like I did with Scrum Diddly. Which means I can't contribute to it til I get it up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting. Maybe I'll join you in January or February or March or April... Maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I felt like a big loser (no pun intended) when I started posting my goals on my blog, figuring that everyone was probably just rolling their eyes at me...
    but, YAY! So excited for you guys. I know you will both do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I'm working on it too. I'm excited to keep up with how you are doing when I need to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super impressed! I have no exercising goals, but I have eating better goals. I found this website http://healthmonth.com/ that helps with health goals! you can sign up for it here http://healthmonth.com/users/signup

    ReplyDelete